Although, Ustad Amanat Ali Khan was best known for his Ghazal, Radio and TV songs and classical songs, he also sang some songs in movies. A famous classical duet with Madam Noorjahan in film Darvaza (1962)..
- Pia Na Hi Aye, Sakhi, Mora Jiya Ghabraye..
was his first film song as playback singer. Pyar hi Pyar (1974) was another film with his song..
- Mora Jiya Na Lagay, Bin Teray Yaar..
Ustad Amanat Ali Khan's some famous Ghazal and songs were..
- Insha Ji, Utho, Ab Kooch Karo, Is Shehar Mein Ji Ko Lagana Kya.. (poet Ibn-e-Insha)
- Yeh Arzoo Thi Keh Tujhay Gul Kay Roobroo Kartay.. (poet Atish)
- Honton Peh Kabhi Un Kay, Mera Naam Bhi Aye.. (poet Ada Jafri)
- Chand Meri Zamin, Phool Mera Watan.. (poet Saqi Javed)
Ustad Amanat Ali Khan belongs to famous Patiala-Gharana's singing style. He had a famous pair with his brother Ustad Fateh Ali Khan. Ustad Hamid Ali Khan was also his brother. His sons Asad Amanat Ali Khan and Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan also got fame as Ghazal and classical singer. He was born in 1922 in Hoshiarpur, India and died on September 18, 1974 in Lahore.