Tufail Hoshiarpuri was a famous film poet from the 1950s. He was known for a mega hit patriotic song from film Changez Khan (1958):
- A Mard-e-Mujahid, Jaag Zara, Ab Waqt-e-Shahadat Hay Aya, Allah-o-Akbar..!
Tufail Hoshiarpuri was a school teacher in Hoshiarpur, Indian Punjab. He was an activist in Pakistan Movement and read patriotic poems in Muslim Leagues political gatherings, therefor he was suspended from his job by the authorities. Famous actor Agha Saleem Raza introduced him to film producers. He wrote some film songs in prePartition films made in Lahore. His first film was Kaisay Kahun in 1945.
Tufail Hoshiarpuri was editor of Daily Mahfil and Weekly Saaf Go from Lahore until his death in 1993. He also joined Radio Pakistan Lahore in 1952. He wrote two songs in Pakistan's first film Teri Yaad (1948). He was a busy film poet in the 1950s and wrote songs for movies like Shammi, Laray, Be-Qarar (1950), Shehri Babu (1953), Pattan (1955), Chann Mahi, Qismat, Sarfarosh, Dulla Bhatti (1956), Waada (1957), Changez Khan (1958), Mousiqar (1962) etc. Some of his super hit songs from these movies are as below:
- Wasta e Rabb da Tun Jain Way Kabootra.. film Dulla Bhatti (1956)
- Teri Ulfat Mein Sanam, Dil Nay Buhat Dard Sahay.. film Sarfarosh (1956)
- Ni Suhay Chooray Waliye.. film Shammi (1950)
- Bunday Chandi day Sonay di Nath Lay Kay.. film Chann Mahi (1956)
His real name was Mohammad Tufail, he was born on July 14, 1914 and died on January 4, 1993.