Some facts about G.A. Chishti
|Real name ||Ghulam Ahmad Chishti
|First film ||Shahida (Urdu - 1949)
|Life ||17-08-2005 - 25-12-1994|
|Born at ||Jalandhar, India|
Baba G.A. Chishti was regarded as the best ever music director in Punjabi film music. He was totally dominating in the 1950s and became the first ever music director who composed music in more than 100 movies.
Baba Chishti started his film career from a pre-partition film Deen-o-Dunya in 1936. His first Pakistani film was Shahida in 1949 and the last film was Wehshi Tola in 1983.
Here are some of his amazing records..
- Baba Chishti composed music in first ever musical film in Pakistan. He composed and wrote some super hit songs in film Pheray in 1949 which was also the first ever super hit silver jubilee film in Pakistan.
- Baba Chishti was music director of initial two golden jubilee super hit films, Sassi in 1954 and Noukar in 1955.
- Baba Chishti was music director of the first ever blockbuster film Dulla Bhatti in 1956. This film earned revenue for establishing the most modern film studio - Evernew Studio in Lahore
- Baba Chishti was also music director of an another blockbuster film Yakkay Wali in 1957 which created an unbroken and unbelievable record, when this film earned 45 time more revenue than its production cost (almost 1.6 billion rupees in 2018!). From the huge profit from this film, its producer bought 92 kanal land on Multan Road Lahore to build the largest film studio Bari Studio..!!!
- Baba Chishti discovered the greatest gem of Pakistani film history, Madam Noorjahan, when he introduced her on Lahore stage in the age of 9 years only..!
- Baba Chishti also introduced Inayat Hussain Bhatti, who was a multi talented artist and the first super star male singer in Pakistan. He also composed super hit music for Bhatti Pictures three initial super hit film, Chann Makhna, Sajjan Pyara and Jind Jan..
- Baba jee also introduced the legendary male singer Masood Rana and Runa Laila in their first Punjabi films, Rishta (1963) and Jagg Biti (1967), respectively.
- Baba Chishti wrote and composed a patriotic song when Pakistan won the Cricket World Cup in 1992.
Baba Ghulam Ahmad Chishti was born on Thursday, 17 August, 1905 in Jalandhar in India and died on Sunday, December 25, 1995 in Lahore.